The workshop of young citizens in the Mediterranean is an initiative carried out by the Association Les Têtes de l’art, in partnership with Citoyens de la Terre, the Cercle ACM of Marseille, Tunis, Larrache, Rabbat, Beirut, Podgorica and Tirana and 15/38 Mediterranean with the support of the South Provence Alpes Côte d’Azur Regional Council and the Mediterranean Citizens’ Assembly Foundation (MCAF).
One slogan: “engaging to make things happen, representing to make your voice heard”.
This project is about valuing the citizen engagement of young people in the environmental field in the Mediterranean.
Created in 2014 and piloted since 2015 by Les Têtes de l’art, the AJCM approach is part of time.
The project has a multi-year vocation, its objectives for young people are:
• Enable them to develop their skills by accompanying them on project management, and thus contribute to improving their employability
• Contribute to the discovery of the major concepts of the circular economy and of eco-development as well as their economic, social and environmental impacts
• Stimulate their civic engagement through the establishment of a collaborative event, in the multi-cultural Mediterranean context
• Create spaces for dialogue between young people, elected officials and public policies
After a successful 2018 Edition with 16 cities involved in 9 Mediterranean countries, the AJCM continues in 2019 around several strong times:
- The “day of young citizens ‘ initiatives in the Mediterranean” organising a simultaneous waste collection around the Mediterranean on Saturday 27 April 2019
- A series of multidisciplinary workshops in relation to the following topics: citizen/youth/Mediterranean engagement/dialogue with institutions/ecology/sustainable development/art & culture/circular economy/social innovation
- Citizen initiatives day:
This event – flagship, symbolic and unifying of the concrete commitment of young people, will take the form of a day of pedagogical cleaning of beaches, on 27 April 2019, simultaneously in many Mediterranean countries. On this occasion, youth initiatives will be presented, already existing or developed during workshops during the months of March and April.
This action is not an end in either it is the pretext for discussion, awareness, learning skills, the experience of interculturality for young people. In the end, this media day is intended to become the “day of citizen engagement of young people in the Mediterranean”, and will be a new step towards the representation of youth in the Mediterranean.
2. The AJCM workshops
We will organize a series of workshops before and after the civic initiatives day.
The workshops are based on 3 principles: investigating/dialogue/acting
The AJCM also offers the opportunity for young people to discuss, Exchange and discuss Mediterranean issues. We wish to promote communication and interconnection between young people and policy makers through the organisation of meetings/debates during the second half of 2019.
We hope that the young citizens of the Mediterranean will be many new to join us in this new adventure…